2. Import Biolovision data
First, you need to export your file from biolovision. Go on the website, then go in "query your data" and export them in .json . If you are already login in this computer, you can make the query using the form below:
3. Assign sightings to checklist
The first step is to assign incidental sightings to a checklist . You can either create a new checklist or use existing one from imported biolovision list. To assign a sightings to a checklist, select the desired checklist in the list below and click on "Attribute Sightings". This will allow you to draw a rectangle over the sighting(s) you want to assign. The sightings markers color will change according to the checklist's color. Remaining non-assigned sightings (white marker) will be deleted. Once you have finish just click on be button below the map to carry on the process...
4. Modify checklists
You can navigate into each checklist by clicking on the tab and modify each of them as desire. In addition, we automatically added a few improvement such as exact timing and location of each observation in comment or a static map with location of your sightings. Feel free to remove them of modify them
5. Export in eBird formated data
- Generate the eBird file (.csv) for the checklist(s) with the buttons below:
- Open eBird, go to "Submit Observations", and "Import Data" or click on eBird Import
- Choose "eBird Record Format (Extended)", and load the file which was downloaded at the previous step.
- Click on "Import File"
- Probably that some specie won't be recognized. You will have to match them with the correct specie. Don't worry, this is only done once per specie, then eBird memorize the match!